For bookmarks we could use XBEL or OPML or some other known standard. Perhaps a wider issue is actually to standardize urn:sword:, an Uniform Resource Name for Sword-based resources. - Jotik 09:00, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- This is a good idea, one already used (but AFAIK not standardized) in FireBible. Please add this to the main page. David Haslam 10:02, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
This document describes only bookmarks standard? There is more information should be stored and standardized: history and notes... --Kalemas 11:25, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- i.e. Personal information used to annotate SWORD modules, or to track their use. David Haslam 10:04, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- Go Bible also supports Bookmarks and History as program features. Personally I find that I rarely use History, but I regularly keep four Bookmarks on the go for use as the M'Cheyne daily readings scheme. These are edited daily to replace the bookmarks for the previous day. David Haslam 10:49, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- For now i have made only History for SlideBible, and glad with it, simple i look for yestarday's history or history for an area of Bible to proceed reading. Also i planed to make Reading objects that user can create and position of them will be displaced as user read from them. --Kalemas 19:46, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- Also i use history to restore my environment, if i use parralel view with difirent modules and places. --Kalemas 20:04, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
- In case you were not aware, Go Bible is not a SWORD front-end per se, even though it is a CrossWire development project. David Haslam 10:51, 26 March 2010 (UTC)
can link to verses, verse ranges, chapters, sections, paragraphs, sub-verse and
able to link to specific modules
Could all this bookmarks features be described with "bible://..." construction?
I'm incline to using xbel format as one appropriated for bookmark storage. So i'll try to describe structure in free manner.
- in the top are some folders, each represent one type of user resources
- Bookmarks - has nested folders
- History - no folders
- Notes - no folders
Application could work with one , some or all user resources types. Each folder should have own synchronization information.
- Items inside folders should have:
- place and module reference in href tag (like bible:KJV/Gen.1.1).
- id, added and modified tag for synchronization