Difference between revisions of "Talk:Module Requests"
m (→Svenska Reformationsbibeln permissions: [http://translate.google.com/ Google translation])
(→Complete Tyndale Bible: new section)
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
[[User:David Haslam|David Haslam]] 13:29, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
[[User:David Haslam|David Haslam]] 13:29, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Revision as of 13:21, 7 December 2008
- 1 Bibles from Visionneuse
- 2 Wolof NT
- 3 Grammar Uses Version
- 4 Catalan Bible
- 5 Luganda Bible
- 6 La Bible King James Française 2007 (traduction de Nadine Stratford)
- 7 Richard Wynne (1764) NT
- 8 Oleksandr Gyzha's new Ukrainian Bible translation
- 9 Translators' contacts made by David Haslam in the context of his Go Bible activities
- 10 Svenska Reformationsbibeln permissions
- 11 Complete Tyndale Bible
Bibles from Visionneuse
You can download or read online the Bible in Hausa, Swahili and other languages on the French-speaking website La Bible multilingue. On the main page, as examples, I have added four downloads available. I have made the assumption that these are all public domain, but anyone taking this further would need to check more rigorously. David Haslam 13:38, 7 August 2008 (MDT)
I am trying to establish contact with the copyright holders of the Wolof NT. David Haslam 15:16, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
Grammar Uses Version
A Catalan translation was completed in the year 2000 by Pau Sais & Samuel Sais and belongs to INSTITUCIÓ BÍBLICA EVANGÈLICA DE CATALUNYA. There is an online version at  and at . I have not placed this in the main article, as I have yet to make contact with the copyright holders. It's still in my tasks list. David Haslam 16:45, 24 October 2008 (UTC)
- There are two broken links (Filemooni & 1 Yokaana) in their ToC, which I have reported. David Haslam 13:50, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
- No response yet. David Haslam 16:15, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
- You can also find Luganda Bible online at . It is laid out Book by Book and Chapter by Chapter, except for some corrections to be made in the text due to some scanning errors. David Haslam 16:14, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
La Bible King James Française 2007 (traduction de Nadine Stratford)
The French KJV page states, " 456-bible.com et 123-bible.com in addition to kingjamesfrancaise.com sont les seuls sites de la traduction originale de Nadine Stratford. Tous droits réservés pour cette adaptation. Vous ne devez pas copier cette traduction sans en demander autorisation à la traductrice. Copie autorisée pour utilisation personnelle gratuite, mais non pour republier sur un autre site Web..".
- In English: " 456-bible.com and 123-bible.com in addition to kingjamesfrancaise.com are the only sites for the original translation by Nadine Stratford. All Rights Reserved for this adaptation. You must not copy this translation without asking permission from the translator. Copying is authorised for personal use but not for republishing on another website ..". David Haslam 11:25, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
Richard Wynne (1764) NT
The full title is "The New Testament: carefully collated with the Greek and corrected; divided, and pointed according to the various subjects treated of by the inspired writers, with the common division into chapters and verses in the margin; and illustrated with notes.." Published: London : R. & J. Dodsley, 1764. Richard Wynne was Rector of St Alphage London. A COPAC search indicates several holdings, including the British Library. David Haslam 14:38, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
Oleksandr Gyzha's new Ukrainian Bible translation
I have made contact with the web-master (Oleksandr Volyk) with request for permissions. David Haslam 19:26, 7 November 2008 (UTC)
- Permissions received in email referring to phone call between O. Volyk and O. Gyzha (17 November 2008). Message forwarded to scribe. David Haslam 07:40, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
Translators' contacts made by David Haslam in the context of his Go Bible activities
I am in the process of adding to the main page some mention of the various contacts that I have made with a number of Bible translators or copyright owners that I have established in the context of my Go Bible activities. I will generally refrain from mentioning people by name. Contact is at a different stage for various Bible translations, as is the question of permissions being asked on behalf of CrossWire, since much of this activity pre-dated my closer collaboration with CrossWire. From time to time, I will also share other information privately with scribe and refdoc. David Haslam 21:42, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- Nolosha Cusub is the page for the Somali Bible known as Kitaabka Quduuska Ah. David Haslam 19:10, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
Svenska Reformationsbibeln permissions
The following is a Google translation from Swedish of an email message sent by the publishers to Thomas Dilt, following his enquiry about distributing electronic copies in other formats.
- Thanks for your e-mail and interest in the Reformation Bible. We have previously received inquiries by a number of people who want to make our translation available in other Bible study programs. We are in favor of Reformation Bible is available for free in this way. But right now we are having some corrections in the NT and the GT will be more soon Bible books ready. When we're done with corrections in the NT, then this second edition to be a more "fixed" and clear text. First Edition tends to be something of a test translation, which then becomes adjusted to a some places. We would therefore these practical reasons to say to you that we will say yes to this, but not right now. But wait a little longer so that NT is clear and complete corrected. This saved a lot of time to add in a version that is fully completed.
- In the case of GT, it will sometimes enter corrections here. Some of our Rapporteurs will not submit its comments within the prescribed period but only after the Bible book has been out there on the website for some time. We go Time and make the necessary adjustments. Then we put out a new version on our website and the Bible book may be a new audit letter. Because it is advisable to wait here until the text is finalized.
- We put you among the others who have expressed interest in making Reformation Bible available in another format, and we will return to you when the text is more complete and "fixed."
David Haslam 13:29, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Complete Tyndale Bible
David Daniell is Professor Emeritus of English at University College London. He is the editor of Tyndale's translations of the Bible, Tyndale's Old Testament (0 300 05211 1, £30.00) and Tyndale's New Testament (0 300 06580 9, £10.95 pb.), and the author of William Tyndale: A Biography (0 300 06880 8, £8.99 pb.). He is also Chairman Emeritus of The Tyndale Society.
If we wished to be able to distribute the complete Tyndale Bible, he would be the ideal person to approach. The text must have been digitized as part of a modern publication process. David Haslam 13:21, 7 December 2008 (UTC)