I couldn't see the value of listing other Bible software in our Wiki, but tolerated it since it was supposed to be further developed into something more worthwhile. However, now that it's become largely an ad for non-Sword software, I'm going to remove the whole section.
Only material related, relevant, or useful to CrossWire and/or the SWORD Project need go in our Wiki. Material not fitting those categories can go in someone else's Wiki and will be deleted from this one.
Go Bible & collaboration with CrossWire
I have just added some information about Go Bible. Please visit my user page to see why, rather than removing this. David Haslam 15:47, 7 August 2008 (MDT)
Tessaract OCR software
Having just added a stub section about Tessaract, I'd like to suggest that Troy adds a few words about it. David Haslam 20:03, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Zefania XML is gone
A couple of days ago, there was a message from Wolfgang Schultz in the Sword dev mailing list which announced that he has removed all websites relating to Zefania XML. Certainly the link now goes to a "page under construction" message. David Haslam 19:25, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
- The sourceforge repository for various modules is still available at . The most recently uploaded module is the Zürcher Bibel, dated April 12, 2009. David Haslam 10:00, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
- The admins for this sourceforge project are Tom Baccei and Mathieu Delarue. David Haslam 10:03, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
Anyone know a way (short of obtaining and installing an old version of PageMaker) how to extract the text from a PMD file? David Haslam 09:13, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Anyone tried Create Adobe® PDF Online? This online service is only available to subscribers in the US & Canada. I live in the UK. David Haslam 09:33, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Please discuss before reverting - the page is now become inaccurate
- I reverted because one of your last edits erased text following "$$$". This is the second time you've done this kind of careless edit. Last time, I (and I believe another editor) corrected all of the deletions you performed. --Osk 15:47, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- I have no idea why that occurred, when all I was doing was changing a redlink in the previous paragraph, and that only during my last edit before your reversion. I'm sure this wasn't through carelessness. I normally check my edits using preview before saving. This is quite weird! Could this be due to a subtle bug in the wiki software? David Haslam 19:44, 24 July 2009 (UTC)