|(14 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Go Bible Forum topic on Different Versification Systems == |+|
| || |
|−|A topic on versification schemes has been added in the Go Bible Forum. See [http://jolon. org/vanillaforum/comments. php?DiscussionID=745]. Initial focus is for Slavic languages (e. g. Russian, Ukrainian). I' m adding this link here in case further useful information gets posted. [[User: David Haslam| David Haslam]] 09: 03, 22 November 2008 ( UTC) |+|
. .... '[[User:|]] :, ()
| || |
|−|== Heading levels in wikimedia pages == |+|
| || |
|−|The general preference is that only the page title should be at top heading level. [[User:David Haslam|David Haslam]] 17:15, 29 November 2008 (UTC) |+|
| || |
|−|== How to identify whether an existing alternate versification scheme matches requirements? == |+|
| || |
|−|If a new [[Module Requests|module request]] requires alternate versification, how can we help to identify whether the requirements match a scheme that already exists at CrossWire? [[User: David Haslam|David Haslam]] 16: 48, 26 April 2009 ( UTC) |+|
| || |
|−|:New page started on this subject. [[Alternate Versification/System Identification]]. '' Thanks to Osk''. [[User:David Haslam|David Haslam]] 17:57, 29 April 2009 (UTC) |+|
Latest revision as of 14:41, 8 January 2018
Front-end support for av11n ?
I have removed this content, I thgink it is now truly irrelevant as all frontends we have listed as active support av11n. In fact, I would propose delisting any frontend which does not.... refdoc:talk 07:41, 8 January 2018 (MST)
In theory, there are several aspects to consider when looking at front-end application support for alternate versification:
- Can the module be installed at all, without causing the application to crash?
- Can an installed module with av11n be properly displayed with all of its content? Or with only some of its content?
- Can the application readily navigate to books and chapters that are outside the default v11n?
- For av11ns with a different book order, can the module be scrolled in the defined av11n book order?
- Can the application display two or more modules with different versifications in parallel mode (or as an interlinear view) with proper alignment of the text content?
Front-end support for av11n is at various stages of development. The av11n support status of some of the more popular front-ends is tabled here.
There is no agreement to put the following versifications into the source. While there is none it should not be in the main text
- Not yet released.
Liturgical variants based on the Catholic liturgical translations (based itself on the neoVulgate), of which two correspond to existing Catholic versifications:
- Catholic_lit – like Catholic but with significant differences, Esther with 10 chapters.
- Catholic2_lit – like Catholic2 but with significant differences, Esther with 16 chapters.
↑ See https://gitlab.com/lafricain79/LinVB/tree/master/v11n
- Catholic3_lit – corresponding to Catholic, but where Esther's alternate versification is integrated into the current 10 chapters, to allow a better reading. This means that the verses of the chapters numbered with letters are integrated into the current 10 chapters of Esther.