User talk:Bdrake

From CrossWire Bible Society
Jump to: navigation, search

Hi Barry, can you point me to an instance of Hebrew text in a BibleCS footnote that does not display correctly? --Osk 19:46, 7 March 2009 (UTC)

Hebrew in popup footnote.

Gen. 1:2 note 3 - the word tohu and bohu appear in roman transliterated form but not in Hebrew. In the 'popout' note, they appear properly as both forms.

I just tested this (fresh install of BibleCS, NET, without any further configuration on XP SP3) and I have no problem with Hebrew. My suspicion is that you have changed from the default font or that your OS doesn't provide Hebrew for the default font, but there is certainly no problem with BibleCS and Hebrew in popup notes. --Osk 02:00, 8 March 2009 (UTC)

I don't get it! I'm using XP SP3 with the latest BibleCS binary. I've just tried changing through a number of different fonts including Ariel Unicode which I know supports Hebrew, and still can't get any Hebrew to appear in the popup. All I get is spaces where the Hebrew ought to appear.

I've just done another test - this time with a clean install of BibleCS 1.5.11 into the default path. I still get exactly the same with NET Gen 1:2 note 3. I am talking about the note that pops up on mouse-hover. Barry Drake.