User talk:Dmsmith/KJV 2.6
It may be better to rename this page as KJV2014, so that it can also cover changes after the next release this year. David Haslam 12:35, 18 February 2014 (MST)
- I hope to do releases more often than once a year. It was too long between releases. Note sure that this is the best name, but I wanted a page to track what needed to be done and what was done.--Dmsmith 16:49, 18 February 2014 (MST)
- Indent to reply, not bullet! David Haslam 05:16, 19 February 2014 (MST)
David Haslam has generated the following counted lists:
- all transChange elements
- proper names hyphenated using the ndash
- words containing the Ææ graphemes
- possessive words punctuated with the single right quotation mark
- words tagged as the divine name
- extracts which include the tagged divine name
Auhoritative reference text for red letter markup
- During my earlier efforts, I found that there were lots of variations on the texts. I was wanting one that the KJV Only adherents felt was more accurate 1769 text. I found various listings of differences between current and "true" and examined dozens of dead tree texts in several stores. Both combined to come up with the Old Scofield. Also, it was important to avoid copyright claims based upon minor changes in the text. Additionally, I worked with Tim Lanfear who was doing the CCEL KJV to compare various eTexts. Those comparisons yielded differences that needed to be verified in an independent text. Thus the need for *a* dead tree text. While I was working on this, several websites that were dedicated to producing a "true" text were abandoned with chagrin that it is not a doable task apart from having a facsimile of the 1769, which is not known.
- Regarding Red Letters, I don't have a better resource. I'd love the "original" by the person who first did it, or a greater authority. What I have is a consistent authority. In doing the verification of the markup, I flipped through every page of the Old Scofield and compared it visually to BibleDesktop's display of the module. I also reviewed lists which various people provided me. Most were regarding words attributed to Jesus.
- --Dmsmith 06:29, 19 February 2014 (MST)
Version 2.7 was released on 2015-08-29.
History_2.7=Fixed bugs preventing the display of some Strong's Numbers.
No need to rename this planning page. David Haslam 06:42, 17 September 2015 (MDT)
Version 2.8 was released on 2015-12-20.
History_2.8=Moved Ps 119 acrostic titles before verse number. Added Feature for no paragraphs.
David Haslam 07:46, 22 December 2015 (MST)
This may be of interest. http://www.newkreation.com/bible/bible.php described as "49,775 Cross-References / The Bible cross references have been dutifully copied from 1914 A. J. Holman Company's Holman Home Bible in the public domain." David Haslam 07:44, 22 December 2015 (MST)
- The implemented granularity is at the whole verse level, rather than with tags for individual words. David Haslam 07:48, 22 December 2015 (MST)