User talk:David Haslam
This is the talk page for David Haslam. You can leave messages for me here. To begin a new topic use the [+] tab at the top of the page. Keep posts to topics in chronological order. Indent reponses using colons. Never post your real email address. Always sign your edits using four tilde. David Haslam 13:00, 12 September 2008 (MDT)
Hosting of GoBible source
I think you would be better to host GoBible on Google Code (as it is currently) rather than at Crosswire, for the following reasons:
- Better support for collaboration: Google Code has been designed for collaboration in open source projects, and I suspect it will serve you better. It will probably be easier to add additional developers, have additional people uploading releases, ...
- Better support for issue tracking: The Google Code issue tracker is by far the best issue tracker I have ever used.
- Better visibility to developers: Having it on Google Code makes it more likely that software developers looking for Bible software will find it, I think.
BPBible has certainly had good support from Google Code.
-- Jmmorgan 00:18, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
- We have Jira on Crosswire which is fine for issue tracking. SVN for version control, access to the server for putting up corresponding web pages, the ability to run mailing lists and CrossWire is a well known (in open source circles at least) outfit for bible software. So, in summary I am not convinced of Jonathan's argument. Refdoc 11:58, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
There is a standard install manager in the engine used by practically all big frontends, but for jsword dependent ones, which have their own manager. Small devices often do not have a install manager. Reply from refdoc moved from my main page. David Haslam 10:57, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
Sorry, did not check where I was. I followed the link of your user name. For signing within the wiki, use 4 tildes and a link to your talk page will be included Refdoc 11:36, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
- Actually that is wrong. I thought that was the case. Need to think more. Refdoc 11:37, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
To Do List
Would you like me to set up www.crosswire.org/bugs to have a section for GoBible? If so, what abbrev would work? GO? --Dmsmith 18:32, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the offer to help. I will discuss this with the active code developers, and come back with a decision soon. David Haslam 07:58, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
I have a special interest in Central Asia. Please bear in mind that this is a region in which the powers that be are sensitive in varying degrees to the publication and distribution of the Bible. For this reason, it is usually advisable to discuss matters privately by email rather than to go into any detail on a public website such as this wiki. Only post information here on the CrossWire wiki if it is already publicly visible somewhere on the world wide web. Thanks for your understanding. David Haslam 12:48, 1 February 2010 (UTC)