Rejected or ignored copyright requests
From CrossWire Bible Society
Revision as of 18:46, 12 January 2018 by Refdoc (Created page with "==English Bibles== ===After 1923=== *[http://bibles.wikidot.com/ballantine William Gay Ballantine] (1923) (revised ed. 1934) [http://thechan.com/ The Riverside New Testamen...")
- William Gay Ballantine (1923) (revised ed. 1934) The Riverside New Testament: a Translation From The Original Greek Into The English of Today, needs copyright review According to the Google/Gutenberg copyright renewal records, this was renewed in 1950, which makes it still in-copyright today. NOTE: urbanpug, google, Gutenberg all have disclaimers that the database contains omissions and errors, and not finding a renewal record does NOT mean a work is PD, but finding a record does mean you have to get permission from someone.
- The Williams New Testament by Charles Bray Williams (1869–1952) – First published in 1937 by Bruce Humphries, Inc. New York. The links are to the modern reprint known as the Montreat Edition. The translator was the father of Charlotte Williams Sprawls. For contact information for Perry & Charlotte Sprawls, see .
- NASB – Currently being prepared. This will be sold. See FAQ.
- Amplified Bible – Jointly produced by the Lockman Foundation and Zondervan. Zondervan Publishing House is contracted with the Lockman Foundation to control and manage the publishing rights of the Amplified Bible.
- NKJV, Thomas Nelson Inc. Contact attempted by Karl to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, December 2007; no response.
- NIV, the perennial request. Contact attempted via feedback web page at ibs.org, November 2006 and March 2007; no response. Dead-tree letter sent to IBS licensing directory, February 2008; no response.
- World Bible Translation Center (1987,1999,2006) Easy To Read Version English translation. Rights requested 11/05/2008
- Fr. Bernardo Hurault (1988) Christian Community Bible English translation. Rights request sent 11/04/2008. Response received 11/12/2008 from China which says the Sociedad Bíblica Católica Internacional is the copyright holder. My request is forwarded, but another in spanish is pending.
- Contemporary English Version, contact made. The American Bible Society have asked for a formal request to be made to them, with information about use and protection (May 2009).
- RSV/NRSV. "We appreciate your interest in making the RSV/NRSV available as modules for the Sword Project. However, at this time, we do not authorize any open source uses of the RSV/NRSV. God's blessings on your ministry." (Response received 22 Aug 2009 in response to detailed inquiry per their instructions and form.)
- Third Millennium Bible (1998). Contact attempted at TMBible.com, November 2007, no response. Copyrighted.
- James Madsen (2003) New Simplified Bible. (author's page)
- Gary Gallant (2007) Grammar Uses Version. "Version showing the the way verbs in a participle or infinitive tense are used when translated. Also shows noun uses when translated. This is a very literal translation from the BYZ lectures." (Available in its native OLB  format at Gary's site.)
- Word of Yahweh Bible--KJV3, 2010 (Expected completion). Rights unknown. 
- Cotton Patch Version. Copyrighted.
- The Phat News of Mark. Copyrighted. A bit like the Cotton Patch Version.
- New Testament Letters by Paula Fether. Copyrighted.
- The Holy Peshitta of the Assembly of Jerusalem. Copyrighted.