Here is a place to request modules you would like to be made. If the copyright holder has been contacted, the permissions granted or not can be put here.
New modules are made largely on the basis of content availability and distributability. If you have a link to new material in the public domain, adding it here is a good way of notifying us of its availability. However there is no guarantee that anyone will be interested in creating a module from that material. If you want to see a new module, your quickest results will come from encoding it in OSIS yourself and submitting that to us.
If you would like to see the addition of text currently under copyright and have not made any attempt to get permission for distribution, there is no point to adding it here and the addition will likely be removed. If you only have a link to non-text material (images, PDFs, etc.), there is no point to adding it here and it will likely be removed.
Background: For an historical survey of English Bibles, visit The English Versions of Scripture.
- Complete Tyndale Bible, Not even the whole NT is available with SWORD, and also he translated the Pentateuch, and Jonah, and other books later published in Matthew's Bible.
- Laurence Thomson (1587) Geneva Bible 1587 Revision. Check Slavic Bible version for (significant?) differences from 1599 Geneva.
- KJV (original 1611 version/orthography). There exist some reprints in paper - has anyone scanned it? Also a few electronic editions exist--check into adapting one for SWORD.
- Scottish Metrical Psalter (1650). This is available in Online Bible (Topic) format at 
- William Whiston (1745) The Primitive New Testament on Archive.org
- Richard Wynne (1764) New Testament : carefully collated with the Greek and corrected on Archive.org. This copy is missing the title page thru the Acts of the Apostles. (Maybe it's Volume 2 of a 2 volume set.)
- Phillip Doddridge (1765) The family expositor; or, A paraphrase and version of the New Testament; with critical notes, and a practical improvement of each section 4 volumes on Archive.org (multiple copies of some volumes)
- John Guyse (1797) The Practical Expositor: The New Testament in the form of a Paraphrase, with Occasional Notes and recollections on Archive.org
- Sir Lancelot Charles Lee Brenton (1845) Brenton's English Septaguint
- Richard C. Moulton (1907) Modern Reader's Bible on Google
- John Albert Broadus (1913) The Holy Bible Containing the Old and New Testaments:A new version based in part on the bible union version a.k.a The Baptist Bible (recommend OSIS id ABS.) on Archive.org
- William G. Ballentine (1923!needs copyright review) The Riverside New Testament: a Translation From The Original Greek Into The English of Today
- NASB Currently being prepared. This will be sold. See FAQ.
- NKJV, Thomas Nelson Inc. Contact attempted by Karl to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, December 2007; no response.
- NIV, the perennial request. Contact attempted via feedback web page at ibs.org, November 2006 and March 2007; no response. Dead-tree letter sent to IBS licensing directory, February 2008; no response.
- World Bible Translation Center (1987,1999,2006) Easy To Read Version English translation. Rights requested 11/05/2008
- Fr. Bernardo Hurault (1988) Christian Community Bible English translations. Rights request sent 11/04/2008. Response recieved 11/5/2008 from China which seems to say they are already working on an e-sword project and think I'm the contact for that. My request is forwarded to Spain.
- Contemporary English Version, contact attempted to email@example.com, November 2007, no response.
- Third Millennium Bible, contact attempted at TMBible.com, November 2007, no response.
- James Madsen (2003) New Simplified Bible. (author's page)
- Gary Gallant (2007) Grammar Uses Version. "Version showing the the way verbs in a participle or infinitive tense are used when translated. Also shows noun uses when translated. This is a very literal translation from the BYZ lectures." (Available in its native OLB  format at Gary's site.)
- WLC with Westminster Morphology
- La Bible de Saci - 1759 (Bible complete traduit sur la Vulgate par le Maistre de Saci, dite aussi Bible de Mons (Port Royal)) . Permission to use digitized text received via contact through David Haslam.
- La Bible de Zadoc Kahn (Bible Juive: Texte complet A.T. 1899 Ed. 1930.) . Permission to use digitized text received via contact through David Haslam.
- La Bible de Pirot et Clamer (Louis Pirot et Albert Clamer, La Sainte Bible, texte latin et traduction française d'après les textes originaux avec un commentaire exégétique et théologique, Paris 1950) . Permission to use digitized text received via contact through David Haslam. NB. Check extent of French copyright period.
- La Bible King James Française 2007 (D'après la version AV 1611, Traduction Nadine L. Stratford) .
- Fr. Bernardo Hurault (1971) Biblia Latinoaméricana a.k.a Christian Community Bible - Spanish version. Sent email 11/4/08 requesting rights. waiting response.
- World Bible Translation Center (after 1987) Easy To Read Version Spanish translation. Rights requested 11/05/2008
Other European languages
- World Bible Translation Center (after 1987) Easy To Read Version Portuguese translation. (If the WBTC is amenable to allow other languages be published, I will specifically request and post here Portuguese allowance if given) The WBTC lists the version as 'Brazilian Portuguese'.
- Ukrainian new translation by Oleksandr Gyzha . Email contact established (November 2008) with web-master.
- Cherokee New Testament  Public Domain – check back occasionally to see whether the text version is completed
- Hausa Bible (Nigeria) 
- Zarma Bible (Niger) 
- Fulfuldé Adamawa Bible (Cameroun) 
- Moore New Testament (Burkina Faso) 
- Kisongye New Testament (Congo) (1925) 
- Wolofal NT portions (Luke, John, Acts). Wolof language in Arabic script. 
- Luganda Bible (Uganda). 
It would be helpful to the churches in Central Asia, South Asia and South East Asia if Bible modules can be developed for the languages of these regions. CrossWire volunteers who have a particular interest in Asia should be seeking opportunities to obtain permissions and offering our services to the Bible agencies working in the regions.
- Fr. Bernardo Hurault (after 1998?) Christian Community Bible - Tagalog, Chinese, Cebuano, and Ilonggo translations. Rights request sent 11/04/2008.
- World Bible Translation Center (after 1987) Easy To Read Version Nepali, Vietnamese, Bengali, Indonesian translations. Rights requested 11/05/2008
- Calvin's Commentaries 
Current approach is to combine ThML files from CCEL and convert to OSIS. This work is mostly done - see: 
At the time of writing, it should be available in the CrossWire 'beta' repository.
- Unabridged Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon -- worth researching; The text exists in electronic format, at least licensed. It's important that this not be the "Abridged BDBG" which is Larry Pierce's altered module.
- What Does the Bible Say About and Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Dictionary, lightweight but potentially interesting and useful resources and (based on testing from text portions obtained from ebible.com) easy to convert to SWORD format. Contact attempted, see NKJV above. There are other resources possible here as well, on a more restricted basis at ebible.com, in the "New Illustrated" series (commentary, "topics"), any of which should be convertible.