Module Development Collaboration
From CrossWire Bible Society
- Git + SparkleShare/dvcs-autosync
- orig -- source docs from publisher/author
- docs -- documentation, correspondence with pubs/authors, permission letters, etc.
- sword -- compiled Sword module
- gobible -- compiled GoBible module
- epub -- EPUB for publishing to ebooks
- osis -- OSIS docs for osis2mod or sharing with publisher/3rd parties
- thml -- ThML for import to GoBible?
- usfm -- USFM for sharing with author or as an intermediate step in conversion
- usx -- USX for sharing with author or as an intermediate step in conversion
Contents of "module" directory
The module directory (e.g. GerElberfelder above) would contain all module-specific scripts necessary for converting source files to modules and other output formats. So general purpose scripts like usfm2osis.pl would not appear here, instead being installed at some system-wide location outside the sword-modules tree.
Following the approximate lead of Sword SVN, keep a ChangeLog for each module in the format:
[date in ISO 8601 format: yyyy-mm-dd]\t[contributor name <contributor email>] \t[comments]
Let's use either GNU make for running scripts or possibly something more platform-independent like a Python or Perl script that calls other scripts. Ideally, we should be able to issue commands like:
make clean (delete all output & intermediate format files) make all (make all supported targets: Sword/OSIS/EPUB/ThML/USFM/...) make sword (make Sword module plus any necessary intermediate formats, e.g. USFM & OSIS) make epub (make EPUB module plus any necessary intermediate formats)