- 1 Reporting Bugs and Requesting Features
Reporting Bugs and Requesting Features
CrossWire is an all volunteer organization. Getting help is easy, but we can help you best if you provide us with enough information.
Most questions that we receive have been answered in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Please read this first.
The SWORD Family of applications runs on many operating systems and encompasses many applications. Sometimes we can guess what program you are using or are wanting information about, but it is much easier if you tell us up front.
Let us know the following:
- Software: Which application are you using?
- The SWORD Project for Windows
- Xiphos (formerly GnomeSword)
- Version: Which version of the application are you using? (If at all possible, it is best to use the most recent version of your application.)
- Module: In which module (Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, ...) do you see the problem? Can you supply a specific reference that we can use to reproduce the problem? (It might not be a problem, but a question or a feature request.)
- Operating System
- Windows (9x, 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista, 7) remember to state which service pack
- MacOSX (Panther, Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion)
- Linux (which distribution)
- Description: Give a brief description of the problem. Is there something else we need to know in order to see the problem?
Specific Application Support
Please note that it may be more efficient to send support requests to a specific project. If you have questions about projects such as BibleTime, GnomeSword, or MacSword please see these websites directly for better answers. If you are having problems installing an application, please read it's installation instructions first.
|Comments / Feedback||sword-feedback at crosswire dot org|
|Bug Reports||sword-bugs at crosswire dot org|
|General Questions||sword-support at crosswire dot org|
Mailing List Support
At CrossWire Bible Society, we have some subscription mailing lists. All of these lists are public. Some do not allow posting. Email sent to these lists is broadcast to all of the members of the lists. Monthly you will be sent an email with your password. Please don't use an important password.
General Mailing Lists
|A very low volume list where significant updates to The SWORD Project for Windows are announced.||No posting allowed.|
|A very low volume list where significant updates to Bible Desktop are announced.||No posting allowed.|
|A medium volume list to allow users to discuss usage of Bible Desktop.||bibledesktop-users at crosswire dot org|
Developer's Mailing Lists
|A medium volume list for discussion amongst the various Sword application and module developers.||sword-devel at crosswire dot org|
|A medium volume list for discussion amongst the various JSword project developers.||jsword-devel at crosswire dot org|
|A medium volume list for discussion amongst the various BibleTime project developers.||bt-devel at crosswire dot org|
|A potentially high volume list of all software changes to the SWORD project.||No posting allowed.|
|A potentially high volume list of all software changes to the JSword projects.||No posting allowed.|
You may also try our live forum on Internet Relay Chat (IRC), using your favorite IRC client. Just point it to:
Some of the CrossWire projects also have their own IRC channel.
For a simple web based, IRC client use Mibbit irc.freenode.net #sword.
If you are looking for support or a place to discuss CrossWire and its products/activities, try our forums instead.
Get our news feeds:
- General news: http://crosswire.org/news.rss.jsp
- Modules news: http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/pubmods.rss
Report issues for the SWORD API here:
Report text and/or markup issues here: (only for modules in the main CrossWire repository)
Each project has its own reporting mechanism. Here are a few:
- The SWORD Project for Windows (code name: BibleCS)
- Program crashing – hints on what general steps to take when any front-end application crashes.
The CrossWire Bible Society P. O. Box 2528 Tempe, AZ 85280-2528