Bible Desktop is free Bible Study software. It is actively improved with releases every few months.
Bible Desktop is based upon DevTools:JSword, a port of the Sword Engine to Java. As such Bible Desktop works with all Sword Modules.
Bible Desktop has the following distinctive features:
- You can run Bible Desktop on Windows, Mac and Unix. This is especially attractive for you if you use more than one of these.
- You can view an unlimited number of Bibles in parallel.
- You can view differences between Bibles in the same language.
- You can do rich searching of Bible text, Strong's Numbers, Notes, Headings, and Cross References.
- You can view search results in the same window that you view Bible passages.
- You can expand the context of all or selected search results.
You can read more about Bible Desktop here: Bible Desktop home page