- New page under construction. Please add content.
The nice thing about ICU is that we can add data to it. Chris has done this for several scripts. The tools are well developed already—it's simply a matter of adding data.
Front-ends that support Transliteration
- The SWORD Project for Windows (aka BibleCS)
- BPBible – available only if compiled with ICU
Whereas Xiphos offers transliteration as a module option, giving an alternative view of the module, other ideas might be explored by front-end developers. Here are some ideas that might be considered:
- Interlinear display option, with the original text and transliterated text on alternate lines
- Index the transliteration to provide search feature support
- Keyboard entry of transliteration words in the search dialogue for the original text
A module could be created with the transliterated words coded in OSIS using Ruby markup. This may be especially useful for transliterating those languages which are not yet supported by ICU.