- 1 Column is too wide in table
- 2 HTML and RTF in columns that do not allow for it
- 3 Suggestion for a new element in conf files
- 4 Suggestion for new OSIS filter to toggle the appearance and activeness of dictionary lookup links
- 5 Localization
- 6 OSISVersion
- 7 Broken links for Creative Commons license summaries
- 8 OSISXlit & OSISEnum
- 9 Strip Filters
- 10 Promo & ShortPromo?
- 11 JSword and language codes
Column is too wide in table
After Osk autowikified the table, the second column is too wide. Having to use horizontal scrollbar in webpages is a PITB. David Haslam 10:19, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- Sorted. David Haslam 07:33, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
HTML and RTF in columns that do not allow for it
The Allowed column is for showing what columns allow for HTML and RTF. It is never OK to use it in any other field. While it may work in a front-end, it is guaranteed to not work in others.
Suggestion for a new element in conf files
It would be useful to permit a non-specific element called simply Notes. This element could contain anything not covered by About, Description, CopyrightNotes or DistributionNotes, etc. It could be used to record further information about various aspects of the module or the module creation process such as a description of the preprocessing steps. Such information could be very useful to developers. David Haslam 13:13, 13 October 2011 (MDT)
The xulsword application includes support for toggling the display of dictionary lookup references. This is implemented by means of the following additional properties in the configuration file for any OSIS text module.
The xulsword developer suggests that this idea might be useful to incorporate into the SWORD and JSword API, and for other front-ends to start to make use of it.
David Haslam 12:12, 5 January 2012 (MST)
- See also http://code.google.com/p/osis-converters/wiki/Compatibility David Haslam 06:57, 20 January 2012 (MST)
The policy advice in the localization section is somewhat ambiguous. Clarification is needed. David Haslam 03:52, 9 January 2012 (MST)
- It's clarified a bit more now, I hope. --Osk 06:12, 9 January 2012 (MST)
Is there a default for OSISVersion (like there is for MinimumVersion) ? David Haslam 06:49, 20 January 2012 (MST)
- No. With MinimumVersion, there really is a default, in the sense that if you fail to set one in the .conf, the library will set one for you so that any front end can query the value and reliably get some answer. OSISVersion is essentially just informational, and I don't believe anyone has put it to any use. --Osk 20:29, 20 January 2012 (MST)
As Osk had just added a link for CC0, I tried some of the other Creative Commons links, and found that they go to pages that no longer exist. Needs follow-up. David Haslam 01:19, 11 March 2012 (MST)
- Reminder – still needs doing. David Haslam 02:39, 11 February 2013 (MST)
OSISXlit & OSISEnum
A recent post to the sword-devel mailing list describes the use of local Strip Filters. I hope to insert this description into the main page presently. David Haslam 09:04, 10 December 2012 (MST)
- Done. David Haslam 04:51, 13 December 2012 (MST)
Promo & ShortPromo?
SomKQA module version 1.0 had a config property named Promo. We document the property named ShortPromo. Was the original name changed at some time, or is this merely a minor error in the somkqa.conf file? David Haslam 09:47, 12 December 2012 (MST)
JSword and language codes
Currently, JSword does not support language code subtags, but there is now a plan to implement this. (Email conversation with DM today). David Haslam 04:52, 25 January 2013 (MST)