Use this page to provide information about current projects and proposals for new software applications.
New front-end applications
Use this section to announce work begun for developing new SWORD or JSword based front-ends. They should be mentioned here even if they are only at the proof of concept stage, so that may prevent duplication of effort.
- Tyndale STEP - Scripture Tools for Every Pastor – in collaboration with Tyndale House, Cambridge.
- Troy has begun work on developing an Android front-end called Bishop. A preliminary APK file is now available for early testing. Visit the CrossWire mobile-devel mailing list if you would like to help.
- It is feasible to convert any J2ME application to an Android APK using the J2ME Bridge service available at netmite.com. Several Go Bible applications have been converted as an experiment. The conversion process works OK, but leaves the MIDlet icon unchanged in size, which does not conform to Android guidelines. NB. Some languages did not have font support by default.
Java ME application framework
- Go Bible is not a SWORD front-end per se. Nevertheless it is CrossWire's first project for the Java ME application framework. Project leader is David Haslam.
Blackberry smart phones
- Go Bible source code has been adapted and successfully ported to the Blackberry platform. It includes full support for touch-screen controls. Download The Bible via a link in http://www.mobileappfarm.com/
- BibleTime Mini project based on BibleTime source code and optimized for use on mobile devices. It runs now on Windows and Windows Mobile platforms, but it is easy to port it on other mobile platforms supported by Qt (Symbian, MeeGo, Maemo, Android).
- BibleZ HD is a SWORD based bible reader app for the HP TouchPad and the HP Pre3.
Ideas for new projects
Developer To Do Lists
- Osk: User:Osk/Todo